Virtual & In-Person
There is a wide gap between our medical systems—emergency, VA, Medicare, doctors—and the day-to-day reality of caregiving for the chronically ill or those facing long-term and progressive diagnoses like ALS or Alzheimer’s. Our Certified Caregiver Coaches can help.
Caregiver Support Groups
Caregivers walk away from our support groups, training, and presentations feeling encouraged and equipped.
What to expect from Makers of Care Support Groups:
- Faith-based Support Groups (Virtual & In-Person)
- Belonging, Comfort, and Hope in a Community Who “Gets It”
- Validation of the Reality of Suffering (without judgment or unwanted advice)
- Strategies and Resources for the Unique Experiences of Caregivers
Click below to receive resources and support group details today!
Caregiver Support Sessions
Have questions? Choose a package to get the answers and strategic next steps for your specific situation.
Each package includes a one-on-one virtual session with a Certified Caregiver Coach & Consultant.
Click below to view the variety of support sessions.
Makers of Care
Request your resources by filling out the form below.
Caregiver Support Sessions
BEGINNING YOUR CARE HOME SEARCH SESSION
Unpack the process of choosing the best care home for your loved one during this 50-minute session.
- Discover the type of care that matters most to you and your loved one
- Receive tools to begin your search and find the options available
- Learn the essential questions to ask when choosing a care home and how to set realistic expectations
- Avoid red flags by knowing what to look for and what to do if you see them
- Process what you can afford and proactively create a plan to fill in the gaps with other resources
- Explore strategies for transitioning a loved one into a home and creating quality visitations
ALZHEIMER’S & DEMENTIA STRATEGIES FOR BETTER LIVING SESSION
Caring for those with these diseases is difficult, as is dealing with their bizarre behavior and symptoms. Learn better strategies for coping and communicating to improve your life during this in-depth 90-minute session.
- Learn the “Language of Dementia” for better communication
- Discover Normal vs. Abnormal symptoms (whether it is their personality or the disease)
- Understand common red flags to be aware of and what to do if you see them
- Receive real-life tips for navigating embarrassing situations, especially in public
- Look ahead and intentionally prepare for the next stage of the disease
- Gain practical insight on how to cultivate respite for you and the one you care for
HOW TO ADVOCATE FOR YOUR LOVED ONE IN A BROKEN MEDICAL SYSTEM SESSION
Are you frustrated with medical providers and feeling like you can’t get answers? Learn how to move past roadblocks to get what you need during this 50-minute session.
- Create a medical team that functions effectively with each other and for you as the caregiver
- Understand the medical roadblocks you may encounter and how to move past them
- Know when it’s time to fire a doctor and how to do it
- Learn better communication skills and strategies to get the real answers you need in real-time
- How to organize crucial medical information
- Strategies for scheduling and the timing of appointments
THE STAGES OF CAREGIVING SESSION
Are you just beginning your Caregiver journey? This one’s for you. Did you know there are six stages of Caregiving? Discover where you are on the caregiver journey and what you need to move forward with confidence, avoiding the unique challenges of each stage in this 50-minute session.
- The six stages of caregiving
- What the experience of each stage can feel like
- Unique characteristics and challenges of each stage
- Specific coping strategies for the stage you are in
- Strategic next steps to equip you for the next stage
THE CARE BUDDY PACKAGE – CUSTOMIZED CAREGIVER SUPPORT
Caregivers are on constant call and often feel they are barely surviving as they serve a loved one who is ill, disabled, or aging. We can help!
- We partner you with someone who understands what you are going through
- Choose weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly support to receive the specific support you need
- CARE BUDDY is a safe support person to share your frustrations with and will help you discover creative solutions to troubling problems
- Packages are customized to your specific needs.
To learn more and find the best support for your situation, book a complimentary 15-minute Discovery Call by clicking below.
Full Disclosure: Anything we speak about will be held in strict confidence and will not be discussed with another without your consent. We will never minimize the emotions of what you are going through. Our sessions are a safe space. You are free to express in the ways that you find most comfortable. We know how hard this is and we want to just be there to help you along and will allow you the space to be the real you.